"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 3, 2018

happy bee-day...

Hello there!!  I have a little card to share that I made with a fun stamp set from MFT called Meant to Bee.  I have had my eye on this stamp set ever since it came out a few months ago and finally got the chance to make it mine!   Sadly, the dies were sold out, but it was super easy to just fussy cut the images.   I stamped the images on some PTI rustic white cardstock and then colored them with the Prisma pencils you see in the photo.  I really like how the little bee hive turned out.  I can definitely see some improvement in my coloring skills... practice, practice, practice!!  I  cut down another piece of rustic white cardstock and ink blended some Wild Honey distress oxide ink onto the panel.   Once that was done I placed the panel into a honey comb embossing folder and did some partial embossing in the ink blended area.  The panel was then die cut with an AJVD rectangle die.  The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of rustic white and trimmed out.  I adhered everything as you see and then finished the card off with pale yellow Pretty Pink Posh sequins.  The layout is based on the current MFT sketch so I will be linking up there, as well as over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  It is anything goes this time around.

Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White and kraft; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Coloring medium:  Prisma pencils; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh



6 comments:

Viv said...

Aww such sweet little bees Rosie and great colouring too I see...mine is terrible esp. with pencils ..I must persevere;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

I would buy this set just for the bees, they're so cute! This is an adorable card Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling beehive with trio of bees, Rosemary! Just love the inking & partial embossing behind too!!

Greta said...

Gone yesterday, so I'm late getting to this darling card! Your coloring is wonderful, Rosemary--so cute & what a great background with the embossing & inking!

Anita in France said...

Just the cutest little scene, Rosemary ... and fabulous colouring ... those busy little bees are adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your bee card its so cute. Think I need that set.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby