"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, February 5, 2018

cards to share...

Hey there!!  Wow... the Patriots did not win the Super Bowl!  I did not watch the Super Bowl, but found out what happened when I went on line, but given just how well the Patriots play I was surprised that they lost.  Anyway... during the time I was not watching the Super Bowl I made a couple of cards and took my antique loving child to the antique store!  First up is a card for the soon to be closing Color Throwdown and this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I  created a little swag of flowers and leaves using the Reverse Confetti Whole Lotta Thanks stamp and die set.  I can honestly say that this is the first time I have used these stamps and dies even though I have had this set for over a year!  The light blue squares were die cut using the Reverse Confetti Shakers 'n Frames die set.   The flowers and leaves in the set have an outline image and a solid image.  I stamped the line image using the lime green, yellow and dark pink inks and then did second generation stamping to stamp the solid images.  I finished off the flowers by stamping the center of the flowers with the same ink.   This was a pretty labor intensive card to make with all the die cutting that happened, as well as getting everything arranged, but I think it was worth it.


The second card is for the current Essentials by Ellen Mix it Up challenge (combine EE products with Hero Arts) and the current CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.   I recently made a trip up to Issaquah, WA where Ellen Hutson LLC is located to pick up a few things I had purchased.  One of those items was the fun EE set Snailed It.  I combined that set with a Hero Arts set I got last year called You're A Fungi.  The mushroom images are from the Snailed It set.  The sentiment and the little grass images are from the You're a Fungi set.  I stamped all the images with VersaMagic inks and then colored in the grass with a couple of green Prisma color pencils.  A little bit of ground was added using a couple of brown Prisma color pencils.  The sentiment was embossed in white on vellum, trimmed down and adhered with rolled up glue dots.  I finished with a little bit of twine.   Think I will add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.


Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Card 1:  Cardstock:  MFT white; RC light blue; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Memento Dandelion

Card 2:  Cardstock:  PTI rustic white, kraft, vellum; Stamps:  Essentials Ellen and Hero Arts; Ink:  VersaMagic, VersaMark; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white; Recollections twine

12 comments:

Greta said...

You're really with it getting cards made at the beginning of challenges, Rosemary! Wow--I'll say that RC card was worth all the time & effort! It's so gorgeous! Love the second one, too--super cute & I do love the VersaMagic inks! We loved the Super Bowl--happy for the Eagles. Love that coach Petersen & Nick Foles are both wonderful human beings.

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards, Rosemary! I especially love your take on the CTS sketch!

Tara Godfrey said...

Two beautiful cards, Rosemary! I really LOVE your RC SFYTT#57 card with the CTD#478 colours...such a beautiful design!
Hugs,t

Lisa Elton said...

Love the soft coloring on both of these Rosemary! They're perfectly charming in every way!

Jo Nevill said...

Your cards are both so very pretty
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week. Jo x

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE, love, love your SFYTT card using the throwdown colors! Really popped in the gallery and will have to pin that idea! Always love seeing your designs in the CTD challenges!

Anita in France said...

Such a pretty bouquet, Rosemary ... lovely layering and deliciously soft colours! The mushrooms are brilliant (it's a great set!) ... fabulous combined with that fun sentiment! Hope you're having a wonderful day too ... hugs, Anita :)

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!! I love the second even more!

Viv said...

Such pretty cards Rosie, love the pastel colouring too, well done again ;) Viv xx

Deborah Frings said...

Such pretty cards! I do like the soft colours on the first and such a lovely sentiment too!

~amy~ said...

Both cards are wonderful, love your take on Reverse Confett'si SFYTT!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful cards! I really love the floral and all the leaves you added. The greenery makes such a lush bouquet! Swoon!