"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 2, 2017

otterly great birthday...

Hello!!!  Have a little birthday card to share that I made using the super cute MFT stamp set Otterly Love You.  I have wanted that set for ages and when MFT had a sale recently I finally made it mine!!  I followed the current MFT sketch for my layout so I will be posting it there and at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  I have started watercoloring again and it has been a bit of a struggle.  I have come to the conclusion that I'm just overthinking things and need to just relax!  Anyway after several attempts I got a little otter I was happy with.  Since the sketch is pretty simple I decided to make a shaker card.  Once that was put together and adhered to the card front I had to figure out how to attach the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum with watermark ink and the heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The sentiment was then die cut with an MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax die.   After trying just laying the banner on top of the otter I decided to cut around the otter's lower arm so that it would look like he was hold the banner.  I slipped the banner under the arm and adhered it with Multi Matte Medium and then adhered the whole thing to the shaker element.  Plain and simple, but rather cute I think!

Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS Fog and Sea Glass; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  Spellbinders; Ink:  VersaFine Smoky Gray; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers; Shaker mix:  Lucy's Little Things Mermaid Mix

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I am loving all of your pretty vellum sentiment banners Rosemary! This is a darling card Rosemary. Cute little otter too! Happy 4th!!

Greta said...

Super cute shaker, Rosemary! Love your sentiment treatment!

Caryn said...

This is such a cute card. Love the design and layout, very sweet.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp ANYTHING GOES Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx