"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, May 21, 2017

hello...

Well... the weekend is almost over and we have had a beautiful one here in the Pacific Northwest.  The boys and I went out for a little adventure this afternoon and when I got back I finished up a card that I had started this morning for a few challenges:  MFT color challenge, CAS(E) this Sketch and Less is More (geometric).  For the geometric component of my card I pulled out the MFT Geometric Greenery stamp set and stamped three leaves on watercolor cardstock using VersaFine Smoky Gray.  I stamped the images using my mini MISTI so I could get a nice dark gray color similar to the MFT Steel Gray from the color palette.   The leaves were then colored in a light pink, dark pink and orange using my ZIG clean color markers and clean water.  Let them dry and then die cut with the matching dies.  The hello was die cut from a dark gray cardstock three times and then adhered together.  I watercolored each color on a panel of watercolor paper using the same ZIG markers.  Once the panel was mostly dry I adhered the leaves and the sentiment.  I wanted to use enamel dots in the same colors, but only had the orange and dark pink!   My attempt to find sequins to match was even worse!  So I just went with some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew.


Have a wonderful week!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Ranger watercolor; Stamps and dies:  My Favorite Things; Ink:  VersaFine Smoky Gray; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers; Nuvo Crystal Drops


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The pretty colors in the background are perfect with the leaves! This is a lovely card Rosemary!

Greta said...

I really love those leaves & you've used them so beautifully, Rosemary--LOVE this card! Glad you guys could enjoy the gorgeous day!

Hannelie said...

Thanks for making such a beautiful card inspired by my sketch!
Hugs

Susan said...

Terrific design. The pink and orange is beautiful together...gotta try that combo! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

craftieodmae said...

Eye popping gorgeous!

Kathyk said...

Pretty card and love the colour combination, well done to you on making your card fit several challenges so well

Kathyk

Trina P. said...

Sweet card. The colours are so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Michelle said...

Very pretty take on this sketch and colors!

Sue B said...

Love those colours x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Love your card Rosemary. The loose water-colouring in the background has a lovely arty feel and is so dreamy. It provides the perfect backdrop for the incredible geometric leaves. Its a wonderful layout too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx