"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 10, 2016

button, button...

Hey friends!!  Popping in today with a card that I made for a few challenges:  Merry Monday (use buttons), Freshly Made Sketches (layout) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (a touch of green).  When I started my card I had a different idea as to how I wanted to use the FMS layout, but when I tried the idea out it absolutely did not work!  So... I went back to the drawing board and decided to stick rather closely to the sketch layout. But instead of having to squares I have a square and a circle in the form of a button wreath.  To make my little button wreath I die cut a couple of circles from green cardstock and then die cut the centers out using a circle die two sizes smaller.  The two circle were adhered together to give the wreath base a bit more stability.  The buttons were then hot glued to the wreath base.  I used hot glue because it sets up faster and the hold is a bit stronger.  Once the wreath was finished I added the little bow using some light brown hemp twine.  The patterned papers used are from the Pink Paislee Yuletide 6x6 pad.  I die cut the square using a Spellbinders square die.  The red glitter cardstock is from the Heidi Swapp Marquee Love 8x8 pad.   The Merry Christmas sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Gifts of Love stamp set.  I really love how the wreath turned out... I think it would be fun to make some of these as ornaments.


Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz; PP:  Pink Paislee Yuletide; Stamps:   Simon Says Stamp; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  Spellbinders plain circles and squares; Buttons: PTI Pure Poppy and Ripe Avocado; Hemptique hemp twine

20 comments:

Betty said...

cute as a button Rosie! perfect for both challenges!!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet wreath, Rosemary! Love the layout and papers too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Lisa Elton said...

Your button wreath is pure sweetness, what a CUTE card!!

Linda Callahan said...

Your button wreath is as sweet as can be! Adorable card! So glad you shared it at FMS!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--another winner for sure! You are so clever, Rosemary--love this!

Lin said...

I'm partial to wreaths, and this one is wonderful for the MM challenge, and for our "bit o' green" one, too, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Di said...

Love this, such a fabulous design and the button wreath is wonderful! I came over from Merry Monday to say hello.

Hugs

Di

Marcia Hill said...

What a sweet card! Totally in love with your little button wreath popped against the red gingham paper...a real country charmer!! :0)

Linda said...

Your button wreath is just so cute with the square of gingham. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday. BTW, meet with a blogger friend of yours, Greta and had a great time visiting with her.

Lisa Lara said...

What a sweet card Rosi. I love your button wreath.

Petra Swart said...

What a clever idea to make the sweet little wreath of buttons, Rosemary!!! And for sure they would make the ideal ornament for a Christmas tree - just imagine how lovely a tree would be with lots of these to decorate it!!!! And it looks super on your card!!!! Love the gingham square and the bg paper you used and the glitter strip is just sooooooo pretty and adds such lovely sparkle to your card!!! Another lovely card, Rosemary!!!! Aren't the sketches at FMS not such great fun to play with, hey!!!!
Hope your weekend is great!!!
Hugz

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Really cool wreath! It's so funny--I did something similar for my card for Merry Monday, too. I guess great minds think alike. :) Tfs!
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great card! Love the modern and country look to this!

Anita in France said...

Such a fabulous touchable button wreath, Rosemary ... gorgeous with the country style DP ... love that touch of shimmer along the edge! Hugs, Anita :)

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable button wreath, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hey Rosemary! I love your button wreath! So pretty against the red gingham!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your wreath made of buttons, Rosemary!! So great with the different patterns behind it!

Amy O said...

A wreath made from buttons -- be still my heart! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Greta said...

Well-deserved HM at MM, Rosemary!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what an absolutely darling card.
I love the fabulous design & gorgeous button wreath.
Beautifully done.