"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 14, 2014

thankful for you...

Hello friends!!  Wanted to say thank you to everyone who left me such sweet comments on my last post.  They have really helped me get through this hard time.   I made this card earlier in the week for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge and after everything that happened since then I thought it was the perfect card to post as a thank you.


The stamps are from the Precious Remembrance Shop set Fall Colors.  I used the emboss/resist technique.  The leaves were stamped with watermark ink, clear embossing powder applied and then heat set.  After that was done I sponged on Stampin Up!'s Calypso Coral and Cameo Coral inks.  The sentiment was stamped using SU!'s Crumb Cake and the edges inked with some Calypso Coral.  Before adhering the sentiment strip I added some burlap twine.  Finished things off with a few clear sequins.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Crumb Cake; Stamps:  Precious Remembrance Shop; Inks:  VersaMagic watermark ink, SU! inks; burlap twine; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins (small, medium & large)

12 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Wowee I love the color of pink and what a beautiful panel the embossed leaves make Rosi.

walchowDesign said...

Lovely bg with the pink distressing and the twine around the sentiment!

Tenia Nelson said...

So gorgeous!!

Judy1223 said...

Oh. My. Heavens. This is absolutely amazingly STUNNING! I adore this card so so much. What a beautiful thank you note...just gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

SO PRETTY Rosemary!! I love the colors and the twine, terrific design.

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so pretty!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
This is a most gorgeous card, I was sorry to read about your kitty.
Smiles:)
Sue

Anita in France said...

Wow ... so gorgeous, Rosemary ... everything about this card is simply lovely! Anita :)

Greta said...

What a beautiful card, Rosemary! Love letting a background be the star as you did here--pinning it! Hugs, Greta

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful resist stamping, Rosemary! I love your choice of leaves and the soft pink tones of the background! I hope you know that I am also thankful for you...Hugs!

Petra Swart said...

What a beautiful card, Rosemary!!!! Love the beautiful bg and the twine!!! The colour of the base goes so nicely with your embossed and inked bg!!
I am really thinking of you - we as a family LOVE cats so I know how difficult it must be for you!!!! Hugz.

Deepti said...

Ah!! This is so soft and pretty :)