"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 30, 2012

Let the Heavens.....

Hello friends!!  Wow... time sure is flying!! Christmas is right around the corner.  Spent the last several days putting up our two Christmas trees.  I was worried it was going to take me longer, but thankfully it didn't... yay!!!  May try to take pictures of them at some point... both are decorated entirely in Hallmark ornaments are pretty darn cute!  


Anywhoo... inbetween getting the trees outs of storage, along with all those Hallmark ornaments, putting them up and decorating them, I managed to get a few cards made.  The one I'm sharing today is for the current Catered Crop challenge (Silver & Gold... I went with silver) and the current Deconstructed Sketch challenge.  The card was made using things that were close at hand on my kitchen counter.  The patterned paper is from a Stampin Up! designer paper pack from last year called Frostwood Lodge.  The stamp is from a new Hero Arts set Heavens Rejoice.  I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark watermark ink, applied silver ultrafine embossing powder and heat set it.  When I was done I was quite surprised at how nicely the embossing turned out.  Sometimes when I embossed sentiments the wording can end up not so clear, but this time it was perfect.  The fishtail flag banners were cut using my MFT fishtail flag stax dies.   Finished things off with some red bakers twine and two silver bells. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI; SU! Garden Green & Cherry Cobbler; DP:  Frostwood Lodge; Ink:  VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing Powder:  Ranger UltraFine Silver; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery - Red; Bells:  Michaels; Dies:  MFT Fishtail Flag Stax dies

6 comments:

Barb said...

Love all that wonderful plaid, Rosie! And the jingle bells are such a fun touch!

My tree is going up tomorrow - will finally have some time to do it! Happy weekend to you! :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I remember this paper!!! You made me a card last year out of it, I thought it stunning then and I have not changed my mind.
A wonderful choice in the traditional Christmas colour palette for this sketch.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kim S said...

Love the plaid banners - SO festive!

Michelle said...

great take on the sketch...pretty paper too!

Lisa Lara said...

I so heart the twine and bells and the paper Rosi.

Jen Shults said...

Oh my this is wonderful! I love the plaid papers and what a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!