"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 7, 2012

happy bee-lated birthday!

hello friends!  so october 6th is world cardmaking day and to celebrate lots of papercrafting/stamping blogs were having contests.  i decided to see if i could play along with a couple of them and was able to get this card made late last night for the trend watch challenge  (challenge #5) over at ellen hutson's classroom blog and the craft's meow world cardmaking challenge



i'm not a hugely trendy person when it comes to papercrafting.  i don't tend to be trendy because there are just too many to follow at any given time and when i do try some of them what i come up with looks well... decidedly untrendy!  but i do happen to like the current trend of hexagons and using hexagons has been made super easy by the fact that one of my favorite papercrafting companies, my mind's eye, has included them in many of their papercrafting lines.  for my card i used papers from the follow your heart be amazing line.  the stamps are from the craft's meow set thanks bee to thee.  most of the hexagons are found on the paper, but i did stamp one using two of the stamps from thanks bee to thee and then trimmed it out.  finished things off with some matching bakers twine and a small bee from the thanks bee to thee set.

thanks for stopping by....

supplies:  cardstock:  pti kraft; pp:  my mind's eye; twine:  my mind's eye; ink:  memento & stampin up!; stamps:  the craft's meow

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, love the papers and the sentiment, oh heck, I love it all!!!

Nancy said...

How cute, Rosemary! Perfect sentiment and design! Love this! Such a clever way to use hexagons!

Barb said...

I love that paper, Rosie and you used it bee-utifully on this card! :)

Christine said...

Beautiful card Rosy, just like your card for the Less is More challenge!
Hug
Christine

Canonbury creations said...

Love the layout Rosie and the sentiment is perfect!
Val x

Jan Castle said...

Really great card and layout!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Mad for Paper said...

Love the twine wrapped arounf. Adds just the perfect touch.
Ang

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your hexagons and bees Rosemary and the twine is the perfect finish!

Cindy Holshouser said...

This card will definitely make someone's day, belated and all. So pretty.

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary - love the soft colours :)

Judy1223 said...

Such a cute take on the "bee" theme...adorable! I'm with you, I don't hop on every trend (I always say I'm late to the party!), and I like your style...always!

Martha said...

Rosemary, trends or no trends, everything you create, always turns out BEAUTIFULLY! I love the pretty paper on this BEAUTY, and it works perfectly with the kraft.

kingstonmama said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary. I love those papers combined with the kraft. I like the hexagon trend, too! Ann

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and colors. Thanks so much for your visit and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs