"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pattern Pieces...

Hey there!!   Have a card for one of my favorite challenges (ColourQ) and a new challenge (Freshly Made Sketches).  First off, though, I have to say thank you to all of my sweet bloggy friends who left me the most lovely comments on my previous post!  Ladies you all rock and you have made me feel soo good!!! Smooches!!


Freshly Made Sketches is a brand new challenge blog started by Lesley from the Paper Players, another one of my favorite challenges.  I must admit that when I first checked out Freshly Made I was a bit puzzled by the concept to make a "clean" card.   But after having read their explanation here the idea makes much more sense to me now.   So here is my "clean" card using this week's sketch. 

When I saw the sketch I immediately thought of using my Stampin Up! Pattern Pieces stamp, as well as the SU! set Sew Suite.  As you can see from the card there is a whole lot a paper piecing going on and I won't bore you with the details.  I will say that in retrospect I think I should have stamped the Pattern Pieces image on the red patterned paper, but overall I'm pretty happy with the card.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Basic Grey; SU! DP; Ink:  SU! Tempting Turquoise & Certain Celery, Hero Arts Punch; Stamps:  SU!; Spellbinders plain & scalloped circle dies

22 comments:

Christina said...

I love your "homespun" take on these colors! You did an amazing job with the piecing. Thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ!

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you made the design from the pattern pieces! The ruler and the pin cushion are the perfect finishing touches! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Brenda said...

I didn't realise those pattern pieces were stamped, I just thought you free handed it! Such a sweet card Rosemary! You always find these various challenges, I like it, it makes me go and take a look too! Take care!

Rita W said...

Great use of the sketch! I love the ruler and the sweet pin cushion; they tie in so well with your pieced pattern pieces. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Angelica Turner said...

This is so cute and creative. Rosemary, I love it!!!!

Sylvia said...

Love your sewing card, Rosemary! Such a fabulous way to use our colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Canonbury creations said...

Such an original card Rosie, I've not seen those stamps before but you have made them wonderful with the paper piecing. Love the pincushion:)
Val x

craftieodmae said...

you are so clever!!!! This is fantastic!

Marlena M. said...

This is so cool and unique Rosemary! ;)

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

Such a unique card, and that pin cushion is adorable!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love cards and I love sewing so this is perfect for me! The measuring tape and pin cushion are great finishing touches. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

jjcreations said...

This is so cute with the pin cushion on the bottom!

Lesley said...

Hi Rosemary! Love your card as always! You have done a great job of paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

I may have to check this challenge out. Great card, Rosemary!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I like the teal and red together! You are a whiz at challenges!

Jenny said...

Love this idea Rosemary, I looked at this stamp and couldn't see a great use for it....never thought it could look this good on a card:)
Thanks for the link to the sketch challenge too, it looks great :)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

this card is really cool! Love the pattern pieces in blue! i'm hopping on over to the new challenge blog!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Rosemary! Your cards are always so cleverly designed! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Elise said...

What a SUPER fun card, Rosie! LOVE how you have an eye for so many challenge - YOU could have a blog RATING challenges, me thinks, because you know where ALL the good 'uns are! This card is pleasing on EVERY level! I LOVE, completely adore and want to MARRY your use of color on THIS here card! Wonderfully done!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my ... this is just lovely Rosemary ... love the patterned pieces, and that pin cushion looks so super sweet!
Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

None None said...

This is sew cute! (pardon the pun) I love that little pin cushion detail you created.

LeAnne said...

I think it's adorable! Thanks so much for playing again at the CQC! We love having you!