"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 17, 2011

Come Color with the JUGs Gals....

Hey everyone!!  Time for another super fun JUGs challenge.   This week the challenge is a color challenge being brought to you by my totally talented and incredibly funny bloggy friend, Elise (Mamacow Creations.... if you haven't checked out Elise's blog you really really REALLY must do so... she is a HOOT!!!)!!   Just take a look at the yummy colors she has picked to inspired our creativity!   She pulled these fun, fun colors from the October Afternoon Five & Dime line.  



For my card I decided to pull out this really neat stamp I bought from Stampin Up! called Patterned Pieces and pair it up with an image and sentiment from the Hero Arts set Sew Stylish for a little sewing fun.  I stamped the Patterned Pieces stamp on some October Afternoon Thirft store paper using Riding Hood Red ink.  I chose to not trim out the pieces, but leave the image as is.  The ruler was stamped on yellow cardstock with the Riding Hood Red ink and trimmed out.  I assembed the card and finish things off with the sentiment and a bright green cord button.

Thanks for taking a peek... I hope you will check out the projects from the JUGs design team of Elise, Dana, Lisa, Kristen, Pam, Maria, Kathryn and Andrea.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & simply chartruese, SU! so saffron & riding hood red; PP:  october afternoon; Stamps:  SU! Pattern Pieces; Hero Arts Sew Stylish; Button:  SU!; Twine:  Impress; Ink:  SU! Riding Hood Red & Kiwi Kiss

8 comments:

Anita Rex said...

I love how you stamped the pattern and left it uncut! Such a great sewing card!

Dana Gustafson said...

No girlfriend, YOU are amazing! I love this card and the way you used the SU pattern stamp as one image. Brava sista!

Brenda said...

I totally love this design! Love the ruler!

Andrea M said...

Such a gorgeous card Rosemary!!! That DP is perfect! Love the addition of the ruler! This is AmAzInG!!! Wonderful work girlie!!!

Anne Tussing said...

Great card! Love that you left the pattern pieces without cutting them out! LOVE the ruler too:)

Michelle said...

wholly cow!! ths is awesome! I love the pattern on the dp and measuring tape!

Elise said...

Helloooooo 2 YOU, my equally funny and colorful friend! THIS card - just totally made my day! Choosing these colors made me a bit nervous (simply because it was my first TIME! ) but your use of them assured me that all would be RIGHT! Amen! LOVE how you showcased that stamp, first of all - but your answer to the USE of these colors : FABULOUS! You are ONE delightful, crafty soul! Can't tell you HOW much I cherish you, but I DO! {!} Yee Haw!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm getting caught up on my much delayed commenting! I thought this was such a cool card when I first saw it! I love that dp and those images look great on it! It reminds me of when my aunt used to have sewing classes in her home and I took a couple! Great card!