"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wreath of Leaves

A post today with a card for two challenges, Etsy Inspired (#114) and Stampin' Sisters in Christ (#65).  When I saw the Etsy inspiration store, Happy Day Designs, and all the beautiful necklaces and bracelets she had I knew I would be doing another CAS card for the challenge.   I browsed the site for a bit and decided on this necklace for my inspiration (see photo).   The beautiful green of the necklace immediately made me think of the Hero Arts cling, Wreath of Leaves and Stampin Up!'s Kiwi Kiss. 

Then I checked SSCC to see what would be the new challenge.  Grace set the challenge based on this verse from John 3:30:  "He must become greater; I must be come less".  Interestingly, I had read that verse earlier this past week from a book on parenting.  The challenge is to make either a CAS card (signifying me becoming less); a more is more card (signifying Jesus becoming more) or a CAS version and a more is more version of the same card.  I chose, obviously, to go with the CAS card.   The card base is a 4.5" x 4.5" square cut from Kiwi Kiss cardstock.  I cut a 4"x4" square of white cardstock and stamped the Wreath of Leaves using Kiwi Kiss ink.  Some Hero Arts flower gems were added along with a bow tied from PTI's Simply Chartruse (a good match to Kiwi Kiss) and I was done.

Thanks for taking a peek... hope you had a good weekend. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Kiwi Kiss; PTI White; Ink:  Kiwi Kiss; Stamps:  Hero Arts Wreath of Leaves; Gems:  Hero Arts; Ribbon:  PTI Simply Chartruse double stitched.

11 comments:

Miesje said...

This is very pretty, a perfect card for this challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Grace said...

Oh Rosemary this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the color you used and on the white it really pops! I think your CAS card is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! We so appreciate your continued support!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very pretty! Love the smooth and gentle look of the green you've used!

Wordbird said...

Clean, fresh and beautiful! Well done! ;D

Barb said...

I love this even more, Rosie, now that I've seen where your inspiration came from! Just beautiful!

Elise said...

This IS lovely, Rosebud. I LOVE, love, love your interpretation of this amazing photo. It's PERFECT! {Is it okay to say that?} I'm just sayin' - I really get how you made such an exquisite connection. BEAUTIFUL stamp choice and WONDERFUL card! YOU are on IT, as usual, sweet Rose! Yippppeee!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic! The color just pops off the page!

Brenda said...

Hi Rosemary! I love this CAS card of yours. The colours are beautiful and I love the added flower gems around the wreath!

de said...

This is so simple and gorgeous and makes a huge statement. LOVE the green color inspiration and the bling just makes it pop!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Queenie said...

BEAUTIFUL leafy wreath! It works fabulous with your chosen inspiration piece!! Thanks for playing with us at EIC this week!

SmilynStef said...

Every time I see this wreath stamp, I love it more ... it's particularly lovely decked out with a little bling ... wonderful Etsy Inspired design.