"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Black & White + One Color

Two cards in this post.  Both using black & white, plus a color.  The first card is one I made for the current One Layer Wednesday challenge (#26), to use black & white plus red.  I made a top fold square card (4.25 x 4.25).  Top fold cards are my favorite to make.  I stamped the Hero Arts cling Classic Holly on the right hand side of the card in black ink.  I then colored the berries red and added some Candy Cane Stickles.  The sentiment, also from Hero Arts, was stamped in red.

The second card is for the current Play Date Cafe challenge (#53) to use black & white plus burgundy.  Well... my card is more like black & burgundy with some white!   This card is also top fold, but a slightly smaller size then a standard A2.  It is actually 4 x 5.5.  Thus allowing for the bit of overhang by the black strip, but not making it necessary to find an odd sized envelope to fit the card in.  Once finished the card is 4.25 x 5.5 - standard A2.  Anyway... I stamped the Daisy Patch background stamp from Heartfelt Creations on the burgundy cardstock using VersaMark watermark ink.   The same was done to the black cardstock strip.  The daisy swirl image (also Heartfelt Creations) was stamped on white cardstock with Stampin Up!'s Bravo Burgundy and the image diecut using a Labels 14 die from Spellbinders.  I ink distressed the edges a bit using the Bravo Burgundy ink.  Another daisy was stamped in BB, trimmed out and adhered over the top of the first daisy with pop dots.  Black Diamond Stickles were added to the swirls.    The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink, punched out using Stampin Up!'s Word Window punch.   Sorry I don't have the PDCC graphic... I couldn't upload it for some reason.

Thanks for taking a peek... hope everyone has (or had) a happy and safe Halloween!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White & True Black; Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy; Ink:  PTI True Black; Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy & Cherry Cobler; VersaMark watermark ink; Stickles:  Candy Cane & Black Diamond; Stamps:  Hero Arts, Heartfelt Creations & PTI; Spellbinder Labels 14 dies

15 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary, both of them! Must get that holly stamp!!

Barb said...

I loved your CAS card when I saw it in the Flickr pool and that second card, Rosie. . . .WOW!! Love the beautiful background and that die cut and image are just gorgeous together!

Deborah Frings said...

I think they are both great. I particularly like the holly - very CAS.

Tiffany Ervin said...

So goregous and elegant, love these cards!

Michelle said...

I really love this card Rosemary!! The flower and the die cut are great!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

BOTH are GORGEOUS! LOVE the swirl stamp on the second one and the black image with the bling on the first!

Diana said...

Well, isn't that super fun. Love the pink one yesterday! Thanks for sharing. New holiday cards on my blog! www.thestudio56.blogspot.com

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, wonderfu entires for this weeks challenge! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Rosemary

Just popping in to say thanks for your comment on my OLW26. I really appreciate it. Have a good day.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous cards! some times less is best, your card proves it!! Hugs, Olga

Chrissie said...

Both lovely cards Rosemary!It's difficult to say which is my favourite!
Chrissie

Susan said...

Both are great cards...but I really LOVE the holly card. That's a great stamp!!

Alice said...

these are so simple, yet so beautiful, Rosemary! love them!

Zue said...

Love the idea of using a red card.
Sue xx

Elise said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS! These are SO gorgeous and simply, a festival of stamping talent! YOURS! { :o) } I enjoy your cards, so very much! I had QUITE a thrill catching one of your exquisite cards in a recent Scrap & Stamp Arts while on my Tim Holtz excursion! YOU are AWESOME, sweet one! YipeeeeeeEEE!